2016 Award Winner SCiO Scans Whats Really In Your Food
Are you curious just how many carbs and calories are sitting on your dinner plate? A new gadget "SCiO" promises to reveal the nutritional value of your meal by scanning its chemical makeup. The DietSensor app was chosen as CES 2016 Innovation Awards Honoree in the Software and Mobile Apps category.
French startup DietSensor launched at the 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show a pocket-sized, Bluetooth-connected molecular sensor "SCiO". It uses near-infrared spectroscopy to determine the chemical makeup of food and drink. SCiO can analyze substances based on how their molecules interact with light. The SCiO is primarily aimed at helping those with conditions such as diabetes or cardiovascular diseases keep a close eye on their diet.
Founders Remy and Astrid Bonnasse came up with the concept in 2014 when their 9-year-old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which required her to monitor the carbohydrate intake of each meal and measure insulin. Ultimately, the couple developed a nutrition coaching app and worked with Israeli company Consumer Physics for the gadget that uses science to automate the process.
The SCiO scanner is available for $249, while the app is free to download but requires a monthly $10 fee. The DietSensor app is slated to launch by September 2016.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Amazing Way of Going to School
- Toyota Loch Ness - Funny Advertisement - Video
- Intelligent Dog Says - I love you
- We Are All Connected - Comparison Of Civilization And Nature
- Funny Puppy Dog Playing With Mirror
- Mind Blowing Magic - Fastest Clothes Change
- Interactive Iwall - Rich Commercial Video
- Ashleigh And Pudsey - Super Dance Audition