Geneva 2009, EDAG show: "Light Car" with OLED Technology Featured
EDAG Light Car has been announced by EDAG as a environment-friendly, future-orientated car for everyday and leisure use. With a basalt fiber as first ever used material for building a car, the company says the car looks like it was made from glass. Basalt fiber is a lightweight, stable and 100% recyclable.
EDAG Light Car is powered with electric drive systems that are placed in the wheels.
EDAG Open-Source Light Car
Geneva 2009: EDAG Light-Car Open-Source
Mar 4th 2009, Source: Autoblog, by Chris Paukert
EDAG Light Car also equipped with a new LED lighting technology that’s used as an individually adaptable design and communication element. EDAG has presented its new "Light Car – Open Source" concept here at the Geneva Motor Show, and while it outwardly appears to look like any other nondescript electric bubble car, there's a lot of innovative content on the inside screaming for attention.
It's hard to know where to start: The use of (O)LED technology as both driver-configurable exterior lighting units and as a television screen-like safety feature that alerts those behind of road conditions; its 100% recyclable basalt fiber chassis (said to be at once lighter and cheaper than carbon-fiber or aluminum); or the fact that this is an open-source effort, with EDAG taking the lead but freely opening up the car's technologies to outside developers for improvement and modification.
In any case, the fact that the lithium ion-powered compact car utilizes in-wheel motors that help maximize interior space is a neat detail, but we're actually most intrigued by the (O)LED technology, which gives the Light Car an egg-smooth exterior. Out back, the (O)LEDs are used to show trailing vehicles not only the LCOS' strength of braking, but also road conditions ahead – a pedestrian crossing the road, say, or whether there's a speed or construction zone ahead. We imagine this sort of tech would be murder to legalize (at least in the States), but it does have us thinking in new ways about vehicle safety and car-to-car communications.
EDAG Light-Car Open-Source
Video No 1: EDAG Light Car - Open Source
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Amazing Video That Can Change Your Attitude
- Funny Puppy Dog Playing With Mirror
- Amazing Style of Truck Unloading Bamboo
- Worlds Most Expensive Advertising Video, After 606 takes
- Advantage In Using Email - Funny Video
- Girl Washing in Kitchen Funny Video
- Whale Spins and Splashes Water
- Worlds Greatest Car Drag Race - Video