Warka Water Tower Harvests Water From Air Wins World Design Award
Warka water is an innovative design that harnesses drinking water from the air. Installed its pilot project in a rural Ethiopian village has won the prestigious 2016 World Design Impact Prize at a World Design Capital gala in Taipei.
Designed by Arturo Vittori studio Architecture and Vision, Warka water produces portable water by harvesting rain, fog and dew. It comprises of bamboo frame, recyclable mesh, rope, canopy, a water tank, hemp, and bio-plastic. It can be easily installed by a team of six people within four days. The canopy that extends in all side provides shade and facilities for gathering place. The design team is also experimenting with creating a water-efficient vegetable garden at the base of the tower.
The designers have also started developing a better 3D mesh fabric specifically designed for fog harvesting. Mass production of Warka Water is targeted for 2019, and the structures will be easily transportable and assembled without the need for scaffolding or machinery. Water tower is estimated to harvest between 50 and 100 liters of potable water every day and can store up to 1,000 liters. The 132-pound, easy-to-maintain structure costs approximately $1,000.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Amazing Plane Landing Video
- Gangnam Style PSY Pop Song - Viewed 1.3 Billion times
- Amazing Physics of Superconductivity Effect - Video
- Little Brother Makes fun of Sister for Akon Song
- New Record Breaking Supersonic Space Jump
- Crosswind Plane Landing - Amazing Video
- Amazing Three Year Old Ice Skating Video
- Amazing Way of Going to School