Singapore Sports Hub Honoured As Sports Building Of The Year Featured
Singapore's new national sports stadium has been named as the sports building of the year and the world's largest free-spanning dome. It measures 310 meters across and the roof can be opened or closed according to the climatic condition. A group of engineers and designers from Arup, DP Architects and AECOM designed this sports hub on a 35-hectare waterfront-site in Kallang, south-east Singapore. The complex contains an indoor stadium, water sports center and a museum to become the state's national stadium.
The stadium can accommodate up to 55,000 people. Air-conditioning is piped into the structure beneath rows of red plastic seats. The stadium is used for a range of sports activities including athletics, cricket, football and rugby, as well as music concerts. According to the team, the roof is left open when the stadium is not in use, helping the grass to be in good condition. panels within the roof can slide open and close for heavy rain, or to keep the space cool in high temperatures.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Really Awesome Humans 2013
- Toyota Loch Ness - Funny Advertisement - Video
- Intelligent Dog Says - I love you
- Interactive Iwall - Rich Commercial Video
- Jordan Bottle Sand Art Video
- Little Brother Makes fun of Sister for Akon Song
- How to Hide in your Office - Funny Video
- Guinness World Records Experienced in Year 2015