Grand Canyon Skywalk, First Glass Walkway Featured
Glass Bridge will be suspended 4,000 feet above the Colorado River on the very edge of the Grand Canyon. On May 2005, the final test was conducted and the structure passed engineering requirements by 400 percent, enabling it to withstand the weight of 71 fully loaded Boeing 747 airplanes (more that 71 million pounds). The bridge will be able to sustain winds in excess of 100 miles per hour from 8 different directions, as well as an 8.0 magnitude earthquake within 50 miles. The Grand Canyon Skywalk opened to the public on March 28th, 2007, but since cameras aren't allowed into the viewing area, there are very few clips showing off its beauty.
Open 365 days a year, the Skywalk has been visited by nearly 1 million people from 6 continents and over 50 countries from around the world giving all of them the absolute best view of the Grand Canyon unmatched anywhere else. Constructed in such a remote location, the Skywalk has to be self-contained. All the power for the Skywalk and visitor’s center is currently being produced by diesel generators. Fuel is brought up Diamond Bar Rd. and the fuel is supplemented with bio-diesel produced on-site with used fryer oil from the Skywalk Café. All the water for the Skywalk facilities is brought in and all the waste is trucked out. Phones and internet for the operation are kept open with satellite connections. As of October of 2009, a satellite repeater was installed by the operations at Grand Canyon West have allowed visitors to enjoy cellular phone connections at Eagle Point and surrounding areas.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Human Baby And Baby Chimp Friendship - Funny Video
- Amazing Skateboard Long Jump Video
- Building 15 Storeys in Six days - The Ark Hotel
- All Smoker Must See This Clip
- Amazing Style of Truck Unloading Bamboo
- Dancing Kittens Chorus Funny Video
- 1157 Tons Largest Equipment, Ever Carried - Video
- Amazing Plane Landing Video