Child Friendly Conceptual Vertical City Tower
"If the only way is up, Where will the children Go?" is the only question for the children living in the city high rise apartments. The solution for this was designed by Elly Ward entitled "The Child And The Vertical City".
The Vertical City
This Vertical city provides play space and child friendly experience in city life. The Sky Street tower has total of 32 storeys with shops, workplaces, hotels and children play area winding from top to bottom. The increased technology has not only made the children isolated from the street but also from the society.
The tower is designed to have a layered circulation with a three metre wide black and white stripe ramp providing the main route up and down, second is a stepped route with apartments, offices and public amenities and the third route is designed specially for children, occupying the tower's rooftop spaces. The tower can be arranged in a different combinations and the floors are subdivided into smaller neighborhood blocks of up to 16 units. The tower mainly aims to create vertical neighborhood that encourages civic interaction and child friendly vertical city.
Typical Floor Plan
The Fourth Magnet
Sky Street Tower
Children Play Area
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend