£5.5 Billion Airport Plans For Mexico City
The international competition to design Mexico city's new international airport was won by collaboration between foster + partners, FR-EE (Fernando Romero Enterprise) and Netherlands airport consultants.
Foster + Partners has previously designed a number of airports, including Kuwait International, Jordan's Alia International and the proposed London Britannia. However this Mexico city airport design will be its most important and biggest as it will be one of the worlds largest airport with 555,000 square meters. New £5.5BILLION airport will handle 120m passengers a year, quadruple the current capacity. The lightweight membrane roof of the terminal forms a giant 'X', and the entrance to the terminal will feature a garden of cacti and symbols of the eagle and snake, in reference to the Mexican flag. The airport will have an area of 555,000 sq m (5,975,000 sq ft) with six runways however with three runways functioning initially. The entire design is enclosed within a lightweight gridshell reaching up to 170m and embracing walls. The gridshell is made up of steel and deck slabs. The roof reaches up to 150 ft at its highest point. It houses four levels and the design ensures less walking distance with easy move around.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- 3D Concrete Printing - Builds House In 20 Days
- Expect the Unexpected - Funny Video
- Young Girl's Amazing Football Skills on Paris Streets
- Time Saving Trial Room - The Future Shopping
- Old Man And IPad Chopping Board - Funny Video
- Spectacular Hand Shadow Show Video
- LED Bulb Powered with a Lemon
- Slide and Jump - Amazing Gliding Jump