Multiplexes Theatres To Screen IPL Matches
The Indian Premier League was a smash hit last year and after taking quite a hit during IPL season last year, movie theatre owners are looking for a piece of the pie.
With everyone hooked on to the IPL last year, Bollywood movies and multiplexes took a hit. But to minimise losses this year and perhaps even profit from the IPL, theatre owners have now approached the IPL board for rights to exhibit the 20-20 matches in their cinema halls.
Senior Vice President, Cinemax Cinemas Devang Sampat said, “Yes we've approached the IPL. We thought it would be a good idea. They are working out how to give the rights and we're hopeful.
Many chains of multiplexes which were adversely affected last year by the low turnout for movies during IPL season are more than willing to work their show timings around to accommodate the hugely popular IPL matches.
Meanwhile, the IPL board that was apprehensive about giving match screening rights to theatres last year are now open to the idea.
IPL Chariman Lalit Modi said, “We are working out a framework to give theatrical rights. We will open a tender. We will see how it works for one year and then review next year.”
So will the screening of IPL draw crowds to the theatres this summer?
There is a mixed bag response with some saying if it's available at home why go to theatre while others think that it’s a good idea.
No matter how you choose to watch it, IPL season 2 is definitely a much awaited release this summer.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend