Million Dollar Garments Made of Gold Coins in Tokyo Featured
Look at the outfits that were fit with more than 1,500 Austrian gold coins! Designed by students from a Tokyo design school, Bunka Fashion College, the outfits were shimmering and the models looked like fishes with dazzling golden scales! The coins were lent by the Austrian Mint Office and worth more than $1.2 million. They were sewn onto three pieces of apparel - a full-length dress weighing 10 kg (22 pounds) and two jackets weighing up to 21 kg (46 pounds). More dazzling images follow.
The coins were sewn onto the clothes in a locked room within the college campus, where the teachers kept a constant watch. I felt the weight of the task as I sewed on each piece, coin by coin, said student Yuko Imauji. However if you are planning to create one for yourself then, lemme warn you that recently Gold prices have hit a 28-year high as the dollar dropped. Spot gold hit a high of $799.30 an ounce, its highest since January 1980.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Amazing Way of Going to School
- Can Cellphone Pop Popcorns
- All Smoker Must See This Clip
- Toyota Loch Ness - Funny Advertisement - Video
- Interactive Iwall - Rich Commercial Video
- Mactini Macmini - BBC Two Comedy Video
- Plane Landing on a Nissan Truck - Video
- Most Amazing Happening - You Will Ever See - Video