Stunning Facts About Sleep That You Probably Never Knew Featured
Here are some of the unknown information about sleep. National Sleep Foundation has generated an index of haphazard information about sleep. We sleep because our brain needs sleep. But this does not mean that during sleep it ceases to work. In fact, the brain during sleep is working harder.
* when we do not hit the bed after 17 hours we will have difficulty in remembering
* Humans spend a third of their life sleeping. That's about 25 years. Man is the only mammal that willingly delays sleep.
* During sleep, our body produces hormones that regulates appetite. Therefore, lack of sleep can lead to extra 2 pounds (0.9 kg) in under a week.
* The record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days.
* Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy
* Parents of new babies miss out on 6 months worth of sleep in the first 2 years of their child's life. Newborns sleep a total of 10.5 to 18 hours a day on an irregular schedule with periods of one to three hours spent awake.
* People experience better sleep during the new moon and worse sleep during a full moon, a study found.
* It is believed that dreams are sign of mental illness. Some Deaf People Make Sign Language in Their Sleep.
* Some mammals such as giraffes and Asian elephants tend to sleep less than two hours per night. While koalas are the long sleeper mammals whose sleep can last up to 22 hours a day.
* Only one half of a dolphin's brain goes to sleep at a time. A snail can sleep for 3 years. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift away from each other. Cats sleep for 70% of their lives.
* Sleeping on the job is acceptable in Japan, as it's viewed as exhaustion from working hard.
* parasomnia - This is a group of different diseases characterized by involuntary actions and movements during sleep. These include: speaking in his sleep, sleepwalking, and many others. The most serious types of parasomnias can cause car accidents, theft, and death.
* Somnifobiya - a strong fear of sleep
* Dysania - the state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
* Believing You've Slept Well, Even If You Haven't, Improves Performance.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Even The Weak Become Strong When They Are United, Video
- Why do Dogs Go Out? Funny Video
- Amazing Glass Musician - Video
- Finger Football - Amazing Clip
- Worlds 10 Amazing Lost Treasures
- Gangnam Style PSY Pop Song - Viewed 1.3 Billion times
- Funny Arab Video - Slack Rope Prank
- Man Playing With Lions - Amazing Friendship - Video