Men – Should You Buy or Rent Formalwear for a Friend’s Wedding?
When you are invited to a wedding, whether you are in the wedding party or just a regular guest, having the right thing to wear is important. Most wedding invitations have a dress code on them to give you an idea of what to turn up in, but some people’s idea of formal is different to others. If you work in a casual environment you may not even own a suit, but even people who wear suits for work may only have business-like suits in colours like black that may not really work for a formal wedding. Of course, there is always the option to hire a formal suit to wear, but is this a better idea than buying a formal suit?
When Renting Is the Best Option
Renting allows you to get the outfit you need relatively cheaply, and there are plenty of places where you can do this. You can also get accessories like waistcoats and ties if you need them. This can be a good idea if you have been asked to wear unusual colours you wouldn’t normally choose, or if the wedding is extremely formal and you have to wear something you are pretty certain you’d be unlikely to need again within the next few years, like a jacket with tails or a tuxedo. It is also the best option if you are on a tight budget, as wearing a quality suit you have hired will always look better than a very cheap suit you have purchased.
Why Buying Can Often Be Better
Buying a formal suit can be the better option most of the time, when the requirement is for a fairly normal formal suit. There are several reasons for this. Firstly, it is an investment that you will be able to wear for all kinds of other occasions in the future, like other weddings, christenings, funerals, or formal work events. Having something like this in your wardrobe means you’ll never have to face this dilemma again, as long as you choose a classic style that won’t go out of fashion, and don’t plan to lose or gain weight in the near to medium term future. Secondly, because you own the suit, you can have it altered to be the perfect fit, so you’ll look better, especially if you find it hard to get the ideal fit off the rack. A third reason why buying the suit can be a better idea is that you won’t have to spend the entire event worrying about damaging it, so you can let your hair down a little more. Certainly you won’t want to ruin your brand new suit, but a little spill here or there is less of a problem when you were going to get it cleaned after the wedding anyway.
Getting Good Value
Look at websites like www.formaltailor.com to find great looking suits in a wide range of sizes, as well as the other pieces you may need. Choose a suit in a versatile colour, and think more about getting value from a style you can get the most wear out of than looking for the lowest price.
Most men look and feel great in formalwear, so if you find a suit you love, owning it can be a lot better than having to give it back after the wedding!
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- 3D Concrete Printing - Builds House In 20 Days
- Vodafone Happy to Help Balley
- Bridgestone Tyres Funny Commercial Video
- Mustang Getting Away from Cops Amazing
- Easy To Shape Kinectic Sand Video
- Unmanned Stealth X-47B Aircraft - Video
- Aircraft Funny Landing - Funny Video
- How to Hide in your Office - Funny Video