Canada Mosaiculture 2013 - Horticultural Art
The world’s most prestigious competition of horticultural art, the 2013 edition of Mosaiculture is currently on display at Montreal Botanical Garden in Quebec, Canada. More than three million flowers were raised in greenhouses throughout Quebec, and then shipped to the gardens in May, where designers wrapped them in steel meshes to create living works of art.
The sculptures are created using steel or aluminum forms that are wrapped in metal mesh, filled with plantes with flowers, ivies and grasses whose foliage provides texture and color. Interior watering systems and growing medium were added so that the flowers could last all through the summer till the end of the exhibition on September 29.
Some 50 works graces the 2.2 km circuit through the enchanting grounds of the Botanical Garden. The theme this year is “Land of Hope”. About 200 of the world’s most talented horticultural artists are taking part in this international competition, representing 20 countries. Entries have come from cities in countries as far as Turkey and Uganda, with China and Japan.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Worlds Greatest Car Drag Race - Video
- Know About Your Blessed Body
- New Record Breaking Supersonic Space Jump
- Close Your Mouth and Watch - Amazing Clip
- Cute Climbing Candy Kids
- Mind Blowing Magic - Fastest Clothes Change
- Bridgestone Tyres Funny Commercial Video
- World Record 92 Foot Corkscrew Jump Video