Valravn Roller Coaster To Set 10 New World Records Featured
Valravn is an upcoming steel roller coaster under construction at Cedar Point. The Cedar Point theme park in the city of Sandusky, Ohio, has announced a new ride that it says will claim 10 world records. Valravn will apparently be "the world's tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster." It will be 223 ft (68 m) tall, hit speeds of 75 mph (121 km/h) and be 3,415 ft (1,041 m) long.
Valravn is the 100th roller coaster designed by the Swiss firm Bolliger & Mabillard, so it makes sense that they’d mark this milestone with something special. The ride is themed to the valravn, a supernatural bird from Danish folklore. Valravn is scheduled to open in 2016. The ride will comprise three 24-passenger floorless trains, with riders sitting eight across and held in place by over-the-shoulder restraints.
Valravn will hold records for the following:
Tallest Dive Coaster (223 feet (68 m))
Fastest Dive Coaster (75 miles per hour (121 km/h))
Longest Dive Coaster (3,415 feet (1,041 m))
Longest drop on a Dive Coaster (214 feet (65 m))
Most inversions on a Dive Coaster
Highest inversion on a Dive Coaster (165 feet (50 m))
Cedar Point will hold records for the following:
Most roller coasters taller than (200 feet (61 m)) at a park
Most rides at one park (72)
Most steel roller coaster track at one park (52,125 feet (15,888 m))
Most roller coaster track at one park (60,110 feet (18,320 m))
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend