Snail Facial - Latest Spa Treatment Featured
A Japanese spa launched an unusual beauty therapy based on snails. Snails seem to be perfect for skin beauty and youth, therefore the spa in Tokyo offers the “snail facial” to its clients. The treatment involves a therapist placing the snails directly on the clients’ faces. The mollusks leave a mucus trail that seems to be the key to the special facial. According to the media, the mucus contains a beauty- boosting cocktail of proteins, Antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. All these help the skin retain moisture, reduce inflammation and remove dead skin.
“This salon is the only place in Japan where you can try a live snail facial,” . The spa is located in the Ebisu district of Tokyo and is home for five specials snails. The mollusks are kept in clean containers and are fed organic vegetables, including carrots, Japanese “komatsuna” greens, spinach and Swiss chard.
According to the spa staff, the snails were bought from an organic snail breeder. The snail therapy is actually a 60 minute treatment called “Celebrity Escargot”. First the client’s face is washed, followed by the actual snail therapy and the process is completed with a series of massages, masks and electrical pulse machines using creams with snail mucus to ensure that the live secretions penetrate the skin.
One session of the treatment costs Y 24.150, the equivalent of £161. The salon representatives said that they intend to use the snail therapy to help heal skin damaged by ultraviolet rays, which is a common thing for mountain climbers.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend