Maho Beach in St Marteen - Planes Landing Above Your Head Featured
Video 1: Plane Landing Maho Bay Beach St. Marteen
Video 2: Giant plane landing at the St. Maarten Airport
Demonstrating how much of a thrill it is to be on Maho Beach:
Maho Beach in St Marteen - Planes Landing Above Your Head
Maho Beach is definitely one of the most impressive beaches in the world. It’s located on the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean - St Maarten is part of the Netherlands Antilles. Maho Beach doesn’t stand out from other beaches because of the sea, sand, waves, or anything like that. The beauty of Maho Beach lies in its location immediately adjacent to the Princess Juliana International Airport of St Maarten. The runway of the Princess Juliana International Airport (International Air Transport Association (IATA) airport code is SXM) is rather short so pilots landing the aircraft must touch down at the very beginning of runway 10, otherwise they wouldn’t have enough distance to safely stop the plane. Since Maho Beach is located right across the road from beginning of airport’s runway, landing planes are so close to the people on the beach, you almost feel you could touch the wheels if you jumped up.
Maho Beach and Landing Planes
Thanks to its immediate proximity to the airport, many tourists are attracted to Maho Beach in order to be right underneath the aircraft seconds before landing. Giant planes would be landing virtually feet above your head. This creates amazing opportunities for some of the most spectacular beach pictures and videos. It is truly easy to impress with an image of a full size, massive aircraft so close above your head.
Aside from amazing picture and video opportunities, the thrill of being on a beach while giant Jumbo Jets are landing above your head delivers unsurpassed experience. There is no other place in the world where you could watch planes passing so close to you.
A whole new thrill offered by immediate proximity of Maho Beach to the Princess Juliana International Airport are take offs. A plane would navigate to the beginning of the runway and turn jet turbines on full, which causes blasts so strong, that if you’re on a beach right behind the plane, it will throw you into the sea. By stepping aside you can avoid strong currents and watch sand from the beach being blown a long way into the sea.
Maho Beach Location
Maho Beach is located on the Maho Bay, which is on the Dutch side of St. Maarten, the island in the North East of the Caribbean, about 300 km east of Puerto Rico. Northern part of St. Maarten is part of French Guadeloupe, while south belongs to the Netherlands. Maho Beach is facing the western end of The Caribbean Sea which means you’d be able to watch spectacular sunsets from this beach.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Amazing Bike Race on Hill
- Amazing Style of Truck Unloading Bamboo
- Amazing Carp fish Jumping out of the water
- Unmanned Stealth X-47B Aircraft - Video
- Best Car Garage - Amazing Engineering
- Old Man And IPad Chopping Board - Funny Video
- Very Close Parallel Parking New Guiness Record
- Close Your Mouth and Watch - Amazing Clip