How About Different Fruits on a Single Tree Featured
Would you like to enter this garden with one stone in hand and throw on this tree and you have variety of 40 fruits in single hit? Then here is that amazing tree of 40 fruits. Yes, its true! This tree is a dream come true, magical plant by artist Sam Van Aken from Syracuse University.
Sam Van Aken want to create such a tree in an attempt to make people think and reconsider about the way the food we eat is produced. This tree looks like a ordinary tree for the most of time but as the climate approaches spring, each fruit starts to grow and the whole tree is covered with colors in shades of pink, red, white, yellow, crimson and bear varieties of stone fruits.
Sam Van Aken's trees produce an excellent harvest of Cherries, plums, apricots, peaches, almonds, and many to mention which we would hardly never had seen before. All the fruits are stone fruits. Stone fruits also known as drupe is basically any fruit which has seed inside it. The whole process takes five years. First he allows the working main tree to mature for at least two years. He then carefully adds the varieties to the main plant by the process called Chip Grafting and allows to be there for the whole winter. In Spring, the tree blooms in colors and in summer, 40 varieties of stone fruits are yielded.
This all started in 2008, when New York State Agricultural Experiment Station planned to shut down the orchard, the professor bought the orchard and began working on the process of hybridization, which led to the creation of tree of 40 fruits by a process called Chip Grafting. The process Chip Grafting is to take a silver off the foreign tree including the bud and inserting into the cut in the working tree. The new tree part is then sealed with a tape and left for the whole winter. This process is usually done during winter or early spring as it the opt time. The result in summer is series of hybridized 40 fruit plant.
Till now, Aken has created 16 trees and has positioned in many common used places such as museums, community centers, malls and private art collections areas. These trees can be seen in cities across the U.S, including New Jersey, New Mexico, Short Hills, Kentucky, Louisville, Pound Ridge, Santa Fe and New York. This tree of 40 fruits will have all fruits ripen from July through October, so there is no need to worry and also rather having lot of single fruit, it provides good amount of each 40 varieties. Hats off to the creator.
- Norway To Set The Worlds First Floating Submerged Tunnel Project
- Should she be the Next Bond Girl? Australian Actress, Margot Robbie!
- 1320 Tonnes God Of War Statue Becomes The New Attraction In China
- Extreme Cliff House Nestled In The Rock, Rocks The World
- World's First Blue Wine To Replace Red Wine Goes For Sale In UK
- Your Favorite color And Your Personality Infographics
- $850 Foldimate Will Be Your New Laundry Folding Friend
- Einstein - The Talented Bird - Video
- Amazing Skateboard Long Jump Video
- Why do Dogs Go Out? Funny Video
- Guinness World Records Experienced in Year 2015
- Girl Washing in Kitchen Funny Video
- Brides Nonstop Laugh During Wedding Vows - Video
- Ashleigh And Pudsey - Super Dance Audition
- How to Hide in your Office - Funny Video