The speed of nail growth increases if you enjoy a healthy diet. This is not a joke but a proven fact. Illness however, can slow it down.
Enhancing Nail Growth:
- Rub the fingernails of one hand across the nails of the other hand for about 5 minutes each day. This will increase nail growth.
- Strong cleaning products and the sun can break your nails. Use a sun block cream while going out into the sun. While doing household chores use a pair of gloves. Use a good moisturizer on your hands each night before going to bed.
- Corners of your nail should not be filed. Filing them will weaken the nail and they will break easily.
- Food rich in potassium, iron, calcium and vitamin B are especially good for your nails. Almonds, garlic, spinach celery, yogurt, eggs and seafood are good for your nails.
- Drinking insufficient water can cause your nails to break.
- If your nails are brittle then do not use perfumes that contain alcohol, as this will further deteriorate the condition of your nails.
- Use four fingers of the opposite hand and knead each finger from the tip to the bottom of each finger. It will relax your fingers.
- Almonds contain fatty acids that are good for your nail. Eat 6 almonds a day and your nails will visibly improve.
- To prevent yourself from biting your nails, make a paste of the gel from one fresh aloe leaf by double boiling it in a pan. Put into a jar and apply this paste on your nails to prevent biting. Ingesting too much of this paste will cause vomiting.
- To encourage nail growth massage the cuticle and nail with your finger tips.
Some don'ts of good nail growth:
- Don't wash dishes without wearing a pair of rubber gloves.
- Do not pick at your nail polish, as you will damage the nail.
- Don't let your nails grow too long as they will break easily.
- Don't use your nails as tools as this will weaken your nail.
- Don't go out in public with chipped polish.
- Remember to moisturize your cuticles every night.
Some Facts about Nail Growth:
- A healthy toenail takes about a year to grow out completely.
- A healthy fingernail takes about six months to grow out completely.
- Nails grow faster in the summer.
- Men's nails generally grow faster than women's.
- Nails grow faster on the hand you use most.